Saturday, April 14, 2012

Natchez, MS Day Four

Goodbye waves and expressions of gratitude fill the air as everyone makes their exit from the American Queen. Some will be leaving by plane, others by train, but we will be driving back ...we are not through yet; still a few more sights to see. The trunk of the car is filled with suitcases and memorabilia, guys in the front seat, Southern belles in the back....we have a lot to talk about on the drive home. After several hours of driving, we decide to detour through Natchez, MS for lunch. I chose the restaurant and was under pressure....I was responsible for the driving directions. When we began our trip, I'd mis-interpreted the GPS which resulted in us backtracking about 10 miles....craw fishing, I believe is what Bobby called it! I had to get the directions right this time...no craw fishing..., now, I'll always remember that when I see a craw fish. My directions are "spot on" and we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Pearl Street Past in Natchez. Shrimp Primavera ~ yum..yum! Posted by Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment