Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Delta Blues

....I went to the crossroad...fell down on my knee.....

The Delta backroads never disappoint. On our photography outings, we usually happen upon someone or something of interest. This road trip provided that. I believe that in order to find an adventure you have to be ready to receive whatever comes your way and take time to genuinely find it interesting. That's what we decided to do-just enjoy the drive through the Delta with cameras nearby and expecting nothing more than a quiet relaxing drive. It was a quiet, dry and dusty Delta day. Clouds of dust swirl around a tractor as it plows through the dry farm land. Not many cars on the highway today ....Rita Coolidge, the "Delta Lady", is singing through my iPod... I'd rather leave while I'm in love...while I still believe the meaning of the word.. My thought breaks as I recall my daughter singing that song for her audition at Libertyland in Memphis. A few more miles down the road and there they are---the crossroads. I snap a picture of the crossroads when we park and hear the legendary song by Robert Johnson being sung in the distance. A little haunting feeling runs through my body. The entertainer has set up his microphone and stool on the patio of Abe's, our destination for lunch. It was a bit surreal for a moment before realizing where the music was coming from. But...once the delicious bar-b-que was brought to the table, my reality was back in check. Posted by Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment